Sunday, March 9, 2014

Eyes are the window to our souls.


“So, an eye doctor huh?” I asked glancing up at Andrew as we walked down the vacant board walk. He had just gotten done telling me about his two practices, the smaller one was located here in town and his main office in Stamford, where he lived; which was conveniently only a 40 minute train ride away.
From the time we left my house until now I knew he was 37, had a German Shepard, Chance, went to college in New York and preferred Milford to Stamford which is why he was always finding reasons to work and stay in Milford at his apartment near the harbor. I had to admit, I was a little intimidated when he told me all of this, seeing as he was clearly better off then I was. 

"Yes, an eye doctor, which I know seems kind of lame,” he added laughing a little, “but my dad and my grandpa were both in the profession and it seemed like the only choice at the time." He said, an underlying tone of regret almost coming through as he said it.

I nodded my head understandingly and leaned into him a little, "well I don't think it's lame" I said offering up a smile. "What can you tell by my eyes?" I asked stopping and turning to face him directly, giggling a little, trying to lighten the mood some more.

His big masculine hands found either side of my face and he peered down into my deep green eyes, his own a blue color, which almost seemed gray from just a quick glance and looked even lighter against his tan skin and dark brown hair.
"Well let’s see, you're smart, funny, messy, good cook," he said laughing and I smiled, "seriously though, the way your pupils are dilated I can tell you're nervous or turned on right now" he whispered, his face closing in on mine a little. I felt my cheeks flush as he grew closer and before I knew it his lips were on mine. Kissing me tenderly and soft at first, almost as if he was scared I'd break. When my hands lifted to his chest, pulling him to me by his T-shirt his kiss got even hungrier. His tongue encroaching in on mine, his lips rough against my own. Just when I was wanting more he pulled away and chuckled a little, his thumb brushing over my lips that he just devoured, "guess it wasn't nerves" he whispered, turning us both back towards my house and wrapping his arm around me, walking with me pulled into him like he didn't know he just gave me the best kiss of my life.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I am really enjoying your blog! Great writing and I am already so into the characters! Can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It really makes my day when people comment on these, every bit of feedback is amazing. I'm glad you are enjoying it! The journey is just beginning :)

      Delete